How To Prepare Your House Before Sumer Vacation
It’s finally summer, and before you know it, you’ll be packing your bags and taking that long-awaited trip.
Vacation in the summer is a time of excitement for all. There is so much planning that goes into departing for exotic locations near and far! Sometimes it’s easy to forget to plan for the care and maintenance of your most valuable commodity: your home!
Take a few minutes to review this week’s blog; it could jog your memory on some important To Dos before you head out on vacay!
3 Things Every Homeowner Should Do Prior To Leaving For Summer Vacation
1. Tackle routine chores so you can return to a clean house
When it comes to traveling, you can never be too certain about arrival or departure times. In case you experience delays on your way home, make your life easier by cleaning and organizing before your trip.
- Clean every room so you’re not coming home to a mess.
- Wash and put away laundry to make sure you have clothes ready to return back to work.
- Deep clean the kitchen so there’s no chance of attracting pests while you’re away.
- Clean out the refrigerator to prevent food from spoiling. Leave only items like bottled water or unopened jars so your fridge can still run efficiently.
- After you’ve finished cleaning, empty all trash cans and arrange for pickup, if necessary.
- If you have a pool, make sure the pump stays on so the water stays clean while you’re away.